Thursday 5 May 2011

BSL Music Video


    
I have decided that I want to create a music video for people who are deaf. I have therefor decided to contact the students at the Sense College in Dereham to find out what they look for in a BSL ( British Sign Language) music video. I have sent this letter to the centre for some advice. 

I have also printed the letter out on yellow paper as some of the students have visual impairments. 





I am really pleased as two of the student from Sense Dereham have replied to my letter. Heidi, Isobel and Stewart have all written back to me with advice on how to create a good BSL music video. Their opinion is really important to me as they represent the target audience for my music video.

From their letters I have picked out some of what I think are the most important points:

1.) Making sure the sign language is as clear as possible.

2.) Using a clear background and one that is as still as possible.

3.) Mouthing along to the lyrics so people who can lip read can follow the song.

4.) Being as expressive as possible to portray the emotion of the song.

5.) Making sure I keep to the signing fame so my signs are easy to understand and follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment