Thursday 5 May 2011

Outline for My plan to film a BSL Sign language music video.

If I was to go through with my idea to film a BSL sign language music video.......

I would need-

-A camera 
-A tripod 
-Maybe a green screen
-Someone to help me learn the signs
- Editing software that supports green screening 

Overall it would be very low cost to try and create a sign language music video. I could try and film most of it against a green screen and simply use editing software. I would need to find a green screen and tri-pod but I know people who could lend these to me and otherwise the school has some I could use. 

It would probably take me-

I can't put an exact figure on how long it would take me but I can presume it should be quicker and easier than trying to film something that requires lots of different locations. One part of the process that could take a while would be learning the signs but hopefully someone at the Sense centre where my mum works will be able to help me.

I would have to cast for-

In a sign language video there is usually only one person signing to the song to avoid confusion and make sure the signs are as easy to follow as possible. You also have to have the signer looking directly at the screen so all the signing is clear. I will probably do most of the main signing but I may try and get a few other people to join in with the chorus as this will be easy to follow and therefor extra signers shouldn't be a distraction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment