Thursday 5 May 2011

Time Table for Creating my BSL Music Video


Time Table for Creating my BSL Music Video

I am going to learn the signs to the song I am using for my video on the first Monday of the Easter holidays. I have therefore set myself the task of completing my video before the end of the holidays. I am going to try and use this timetable to help me do so.
TASK
How Long It Should Take
What Happened and What I Would Try to Improve.
To send a letter to the students at the Dereham Sense centre asking for their help on how I should go about creating my BSL music video.
The letter shouldn’t take more than an hour to write and then my mum can give it to her students to reply. She has said I should expect a few days before they get around to replying.
I was really pleased with the replies to the letters I sent they were really useful and the student seemed really interested in what I am doing. If I had of had more time I would have liked to actually go into the centre and talked to the students themselves as it would have been nice to have that extra level of contact.


Go into the Dereham Sense centre and learn the signs.
Beverly, the BSL instructor, has set aside I few hours to teach me the signs to the video. As the song is very repetitive she says it should take no longer than this.
The lesson was great. Beverly knew all the signs to the song and was able to teach them to me quite easily. After the lesson I forgot a few of the signs so it would have been nice to have planned a second session with Beverly to make sure everything was perfect.
Gathering the equipment so I was able to shoot the video.
I know people who own most of the equipment I need so hopefully it will only take a few phone calls.
I didn’t have any money to buy equipment for the video so I have had to be quite resourceful in finding what I need. I am going to use my own camera, which is just a cheap digital camera, but will hopefully do the trick. I am lending the tri-pod from the business where my dad works and the green screen from a friend.
Teaching the signs to the chorus to my extras.
This should hopefully be quicker than it took me to learn the signs as I am only going to teach them the chorus.
This didn’t take very long at all I just had to try and remember all the signing rules Beverly had taught me. 

ON THE DAY OF FILMING
The first job was to set up the green screen and tri-pod.
This shouldn’t take to long apart from the fact the green screen I am using is a piece of green fabric and I don’t know where I can hang it from so it has the best light.
The tri-pod was easy to set up but the green screen was a different story. We had to hang it from about five different places until it had minimal shadows across it. Next time I would try and work out where the green screen was going to go before hand so I wouldn’t loose filming time.
Filming the video
I have no idea how long this is going to take. Me and my extras have set aside two days to try and get the filming done in.
In the end the filming did take a very long time. We all struggled to keep are signs in time with the music and making sure our signs were defined and easy to understand once on screen. In the end we filmed across two days. On the first day we filmed and then that evening I started the editing process to see what was missing etc. The next day we simply filmed any improvements or clips, which were missing. If I was film a video like this again I would give myself a clear outline of what we need to do and a better time scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment